Relative Pronoun:

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Relative Pronoun: The word which is set to join two clauses and makes relationship with them is called relative pronoun. Some Relative Pronouns are, “who, which, that, what, whom, whose etc”. No Relative Pronoun Uses 01 Who To man or persons 02 Which To inanimate objects, baby, lower class animal etc. 03 That To inanimate objects, baby, lower class animal etc. Rule 01: If the object of the first sentence and subject of the second sentence are the same person or thing, then we have to use who/which and omit the subject of the second sentence. I saw him. He was playing. I saw him who was playing. I killed the rat. It was cutting my cloth. I killed the rat which was cutting my cloth. The writer took a cabin. It belonged to the orphanage. The writer took a cabin which belonged to the orphanage. Rule 02: If there is the possessive case of the subject, you have to use the possessive case of who, you should use the possessive case of who and if objective case, then you should use the objective case. Subjective Case: Objective Case Possessive Case Who Whom Whose I met a boy. His brother is a doctor. I met a boy whose brother is a doctor. He is my uncle. His name is Nazrul. He is my uncle whose name is Nazrul. The man is a famous doctor. I met him on the way. The man is a famous doctor whom I met on the way. My brother is a player. I like him very much. My brother is a player whom I like very much. Rule 03: If there is no antecedent to set Relative pronoun, you have to set is after the subject. Such as: The writer was so poor. He drank water. The writer, who was poor, drank water. Or, The writer who drank water was poor. I am your teacher. I am teaching you. I who am your teacher, teaching you. Rule 04: If the word “something” exists in the sentence, then the sentence should be started with ‘What’. As example, He tells something. This is very important. What he tells is very important. He has drunk something. The thing is dangerous. What he has drunk is dangerous. They were eating something. That was delicious. What they were eating was delicious. 01. Tina is the liar. I do not trust her. 02. Simul has got the job. He is my cousin. 03. We met a girl. The girl lost her way. 04. The authoress lived in a cabin. It was close to the orphanage. 05. His name was Jerry. He was twelve years old. 06. The river is very big. We want to cross it. 07. Della cut off her hair. It was her proud possession. 08. The asparagus appeared. They were enormous. 09. Jim had a gold watch. It belonged to her grandfather. 10. The magi were wonderfully wise men. They bought gifts for the baby. 11. Something was bought from the shop. But it was not attractive. 12. A few stars are known. They are much bigger than the earth. 13. This is a good college. I study here. 14. The albatross is a big sea bird. It brings good luck to the sailors. 15. The river ran fast and deep. Pat was drowned in it. 16. Here comes the lady. Her house was robbed. 17. Can you remember the man? You bought it from him. 18. Jerry was a poor boy. He lived in an orphanage. 19. Ferdous is the man. We are going to reccommened him for the job. 20. Jesmin has received a pormotin. Her father is the president of the company

0 comments:

Visitors

PlugIn.ws - Free Hit Counter, Web Site Statistics, Traffic Analysis

  © Blogger template Leaving by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP